- 2nd Announcement Of XX Conference Of The IOCV
- Welcome to the 20th IOCV Conference in China
- U.S. Proposal to Allow Importation of Citrus Fruit from Mainland China Attracts Concern
- The Delegation of CRI Attending the 12th International Citrus Congress
- The Delegation of CRI Visiting SGF International e. V. for Further Collaboration
- Famous plant virologist Wang Mingbo, professor Shan Weixing and professor Li Hongye visiting and giv
- CRI was entitled “Chongqing International Science and Technology Cooperation Base”
- Famous Plant Virologist Ding Shouwei visiting and giving lecture in CRI
- Prof. Wu Houjiu Giving Presentation at the China Juice 2012 Held in Xi’an, China
- TEL: 86-23-68349017, 86-23-68349098
- FAX: 86-23-68349712
- Address: Xiema, Beibei, Chongqing, P.R.CHINA
- Zip: 400712
- E-mail: email@example.com
From Nov.14th to 23rd,2012, the 12th International Citrus Congress (ICC 2012) was held in Valencia, Spain. Academician DENG Xiuxin and Prof. ZHOU Changyong attended the executive board meeting. The meeting decided that the 13th ICC in 2016 will be held in Iguacu, Brazil, and the 14th ICC will be in Turkey.
Over 1150 people from citrus producers of the world attended the ICC 2012. The number of delegates from the China hit a record high of 86. Twenty two of them were from CRI, 15 from Huazhong Agricultural University and 11 from Hunan Agricultural University. They present their latest research progress to the congress. Chinese scientists have made the great contributions to the development of China citrus industry, which now is the world largest citrus industry. The theme of this congress is “Citrus and Health”. The conference consisted of 22 panels addressing all the aspects of citrus research. Various forms of programs were organized, including plenary and ordinary oral sessions, workshops and poster presentations, which shared cutting-edge information and established collaborations among the participants.
Opening ceremony of ICC
ICC is one of the most important international scientific conferences for CRI. It provided us a great opportunity to catch the latest research progress and share our findings with the citrus researchers worldwide. It is also a major channel for establishing links among the scientists and international cooperation. Our delegates provided abstracts and presented the posters to the congress. Four scientists gave the oral presentations.
Researchers are having discussion
The delegates of CRI also attended the technical tours arranged by the committee. They visited the Citrus Germplasm Bank, Virus-free Citrus Nursery Stock Breeding Base, Standardized Production Orchard, Citrus Fruit Postharvest Handling Packing Plant, Citrus Fruit Juice Processing Plant and Valencia Agricultural Institute. The tours provided us a wide view of citrus industry in Spain, from the scientific research to production and processing.
Visiting the virus-free citrus nursery stock breeding base in Spain
Visiting the citrus fruit postharvest handling packing plant in Spain
The International Citrus Congress is held once every four years, and offers a great platform for the scientific researchers from all over the world to share and discus their work. This will certainly promote the citrus research, in order to maintain the sustainability of citrus industry in the future.
The delegation of CRI and other domestic institutions
( Huang Sen contributed to this report )