- Establishment of the three-level citrus virus-free propagation scheme
- State Certificated Variety——Zhongyu 7 Sweet Orange
- Exploitation and application of unaspis yanonensis’s nature enemy cybocephalis nipponicus endroby
- Transplanting, corresponding cultivation techniques, and the development and application of elite pu
- The Key Techniques of Making Concentrated Citrus Juice and its Processing Equipment
- Achievements in Citrus Breeding
- TEL: 86-23-68349017, 86-23-68349098
- FAX: 86-23-68349712
- Address: Xiema, Beibei, Chongqing, P.R.CHINA
- Zip: 400712
- E-mail: email@example.com
Research at the CRIC determined that Cybocephalis nipponicus Endr?dy-Younga (Coleoptera: Cybocephalidae) can be used to control Unaspis yanonensis (Hemiptera: Diaspididae) in citrus. In addition, C. nipponicus can also be used as a natural enemy to control the citrus armored scale (Hemiptera: Diaspididae) and Panonychus citri (Acarina: Tetranychidae). .Following release in the field, there is a reduction of at least 4-5 applications of pesticides every year, with a cost control saving of RMB 75-100 per mu, along with greatly reduced environmental pollution. The CRIC was the first to successfully establish the techniques for large-scale reproduction off C. nipponicus Endr?dy-Younga using potatoes to feed Pseudaulacaspis pentagona (Hemiptera: Diaspididae) as the feedstuff for C. nipponicus, as well as establishing highly efficient release techniques in the field in China.
This outcome was evaluated and identified by Chongqing Sci. & Tech. Committee in 2004.